Are you trying to build your back fast
? This article on good back workouts
is for you. Here, we show you how to do back workouts which builds mass
, lats muscle, as well as traps. We discuss a series of tips to help you grow a bigger and wider back. No doubt, with the right back-building exercises
and routine, you can aim for brilliant results on back day.
What are Back Workouts?
The back comprises many complex muscles which are often neglected at the expense of the chest, abs, arms, and shoulders. Many times, people give excuses for why they don’t engage in exercises for their back. First, some people argue that the back isn’t visible and so there’s hardly any gain attached to building the back muscles
. Second, others say that when they engage in back workouts, they hardly feel their back. Now, we don’t know which of these categories you belong to. But it’s important to note that when you don’t exercise your back, you give people who are looking nothing to admire. Every man looks manly when his back is as built as his chest and arms. In fact, when people look at your back view, what they care about is the width and thickness of your back. As a result, the best back workouts definition we can provide is this: back workouts
are exercises meant to build the back muscles. When you look at yourself in the mirror, you may not see your back. But that doesn’t make your back less important than other muscle groups in your body. In fact, back growing workouts constitute movements which improve your posture, appearance, and overall physique. Back exercises target your shoulders and focus on increasing your strength levels
. The goal is to ensure that when you carry lifts, your body has the right balance to hold them in place. Again, doing other forms of exercises for building muscles
such as your glutes, abs, and quads are great. But all of such workout routines are incomplete without the right back workouts. Look:
Working towards a V-shaped torso is a good thing. But there’s more to building than building what you have in front. Further, back workouts can improve your arm muscles and help you lift, roll, and swing seamlessly. To this end, we can agree that back workouts are important and shouldn’t be neglected in your workout routine. Some important muscles in your back include the lats, deltoids, and obliques. All of these muscles contribute to building broad shoulders and wide chests. In the long run, it seems apparent that back-building exercises influence your back as well as other muscles in your body. Let’s consider the key benefits of back workouts
Why are Back Workouts Important?
Back workouts benefits
range from increasing body muscle size and strength to preventing hurt or injury. In fact, good back workouts
are known to strengthen the spine and reposition the neck so that a wrong posture is corrected. When you develop your erector spinae, rhomboids, trapezius, and latissimus dorsi, you enable them to perform their original functions.
- When you have huge rhomboids, they’ll naturally take the shape of a canyon when you stretch or extend them.
- The upper back is defined when the trapezius are large and wide.
- You can achieve your dream “V taper” when your lats are wide and thick.
It, therefore, goes to show that back extension workouts
determine how masculine you look. If you’re tired of having lazy folds in your back, it’s time to get into your back-building gear and get started with the right workouts. Some examples of back workouts
- Incline Dumbbell Row
- Inverted Row
- Swiss Ball Leg Curl
- Towel Cable Row
- Lying Lateral Raise
What you’ll notice about these examples is that they constitute mostly compound movements and smaller muscle exercises.
Back workouts for Beginners
Newbies in back-building are often guilty of two errors:
- Trying to move too fast and build a wide back
- Focusing on isolation movements
Here’s the deal: Back workouts
require strength and progression. So, if you’re trying to build your back fast, you may find yourself depending on machines. Inasmuch as machines are great for weightlifting, you may never really achieve the results which you hope for. Hence, what is the secret to building your back? Don’t pull with your arms, use your back muscle. Studies
have shown that the right activation cues go a long way in helping you feel your back. If you create the right mind-muscle connection, it gets a lot easier to build your back and achieve a bigger back
in 4-6 weeks. Again, when you hold a bar, avoid placing your thumb underneath the bar. Instead, place it on top the bar with other fingers. Another tip to help you with back workouts is positioning your shoulders away from your ears. Lowering your shoulders and keeping it afar from your neck and ears allows you to perform lifts with the right body form. An extra piece of advice – ensure that you’re in the right body form before you start any sets of back workouts. Without the right body form, you may hurt your back with exercises such as deadlift. So, what are the best back workouts for beginners
- Deadlift – While many like to argue that deadlifts are dangerous workouts because of the hundreds of pounds which they contain, this is one of the most basic exercises for beginners. Based on research, when you do deadlifts correctly, you strengthen your lower back. 3 sets of 8 reps of deadlift will do the job.
- Chest-supported Dumbbell Rows – These exercises are designed to support your chest while you move a weight. This particular movement is excellent for people who struggle to maintain a straight spine and firm chest. When your chest has the support it needs, your rows become more effective.
- Bent-over Dumbbell Alternating Row – If you’re new to back-building exercises, this workout is easy. It allows you to work on the two sides of your body without depending on any form of support. Lighter weights are better for this workout because your back is bent.
- Lats Pulldown – This is a good substitute for the chin-up which is one of the most important back workouts. This movement increases your back muscle especially when you do it in a slow pattern. Gently pull the bar when you use the lat pulldown station without moving your upper body out of place.
- Kettlebell Swings – To improve your back’s posterior chain, you can try the kettlebell swings. This exercise strengthens your core and body power, making you more in control of your body weight.
Most Common Back Workouts Exercises
Here, you’ll find the back workouts list
- Bentover row to neck
- Yates row
- Swiss reverse Ball Back Extension
- Barbell Back Squat
- Seated cable row
- Hang clean
- Pike-up to Superman
- Wind-Grip Pullup
- T-Bar row
How Many Back Workouts Should You Do?
When you lift heavy weights, you need more hours of rest. Every week, consider performing between 50 and 60 reps of different exercises in the routine. Try this routine and try to avoid overtraining:
- 3 sets of 4-5 reps of barbell row
- 3 sets of 4-5 reps of one-arm dumbbell rows
- 3 sets of 4-5 reps of deadlift
Note that you can increase the reps to 8-10 reps so that you can notice the results quicker. However, take the time to rest in between each set of reps. 3-5 minutes interval is ideal for resting and hydrating. If you need a pre-workout drink, go for it.
Useful Tips for Back Workouts
Building your back fast requires investing time and effort into the right routine and supplements. Good back workouts are meant to help you develop a wide and thick back that makes a statement. Pay attention to the right mix of chin-up, pull-up, deadlift, barbell rows, and more. Maintaining these routines for every 5-7 days will enable you build the back of your dreams. Also, note that eating habits affect how fast your muscles will grow. Increase your protein intake to ensure that you’re preparing your muscles
for proper development. Supplements such as whey protein, NITROCUT, and creatine can help you achieve results faster. Yet, supplements shouldn’t replace good nutrition and the hard work needed for workout routines.
In all, there’s no denying the fact that the back comprises the largest and most complex muscles
in the body. Hence, it is entirely up to you to make the right sacrifices and get into the right back workouts routine
. Did you find this article helpful? Will you like to learn more about muscle workouts and building body mass? Check out the other articles on this blog
. As always, remember to share this post with your friends and family on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.