Ways to Burn 100 Calories throughout the Day
It can be difficult to squeeze in a workout every day of the week. Most people, even if they do get the chance to get in a workout, have to make it a quick one. With busy schedules, jobs, and getting by day-by-day, sometimes you may find that working out and being active is low on your priority list. You make excuses for yourself such as being too tired or just say you will do it tomorrow. Eventually, you end up not doing anything at all, feeling unmotivated and being unhealthy.
Making exercise and fitness a priority can take time before it becomes routine to you. The good news is there are simple and easy actions you can take during the day to burn an extra 100 calories and jumpstart your healthy lifestyle. Even if you sit at a desk all day, you can work these into your busy schedule.
- If you want to burn 100 calories quickly you can do 40 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, 20 squats and 10 push-ups. This quick and simple routine will get your heart rate elevated and takes a short amount of time out of your day! You can repeat this as many times as you like to burn even more calories throughout the day.
- Stretching at your desk throughout the day can help you burn 100 extra calories. So take a couple of minutes every hour or so and stretch out. Stand up, touch your toes, twist your torso and more to balance out having to sit at your desk.
- Another way to burn 100 calories is to mow your lawn for 20 minutes. Save money and get healthier by knocking a chore off of your to-do list. You can also clean up around the house for 30 minutes to burn 100 calories.
- Walking your dog for around 20 minutes can also help you burn 100 calories.
- Avoid the elevator as much as you can. If you spend around 10 minutes taking the stairs each day, you can burn that extra 100 calories.
- Get your bike out the garage and take it for a ride for about 20 minutes and burn 100 calories.
You can get started anywhere and anytime. Taking small steps each day can help you get into a fitness routine and burn some extra calories each day. The smallest changes can make the biggest results.